Anyone can create a website and start an online business very cheaply, domain name prices start from $1.99 and webhosting can be found for free, if you know where to look. You can even start blogs using Blogger.com or WordPress.com for nothing, completely zero cost. Don’t believe the people that say SEO is dead after the recent Panda and Penguin updates, it is still possible to make an online income with only free and organic traffic.
Not everyone can create a successful business though, how do you quantify a successful business? To create a business that generates profit is in my opinion a success, what do you think? I also believe similar principles apply to both off-line and internet business, although as I said above a basic online business requires less start-up cash. The qualities required to be successful in any business include:
- Optimism, there will probably be many times when you feel like giving up. You should always try to stay away from negative people and people who tell you, “you will fail”. You need to believe in yourself and what you are doing, if you don’t, if you have the slightest doubt you will definetely fail. People all around the world are conditioned to get a job and work for other people, most people don’t understand entrepreneurialism and think that trying to start a business would be too risky. In my opinion, in this day and age when no job is for life and pensions are put at risk by greedy bankers getting a job is the riskier option.
- Discipline also comes handy when attaining online success, be prepared to work longer and harder than all your friends.
- Enjoying what you do, it is important that you enjoy running your own business.
- Be the best, make sure you do the best you can. I try to provide the best SEO services, it makes me feel good when someone is happy with the work I do for them.
What else can you think of? What else is needed to be a success, online or off?
Differnt Types of Online Business
There are many different avenues for online income, they include:
- Providing a service, like this site does.
- Creating some kind of members site and charging people a subscription fee.
- Affiliate marketing, this is when you get paid for selling other peoples products or services.
- Selling advertising space on your site.
What else, any suggestions below please.